"i'd rather be with you"

okay...so if you know me...you will realize first of all how much i love my gabriel....and second of all...how much i love music! i obsess over lyrics, get irritated when other's don't appreciate amazing music, spend hours making playlists...well you get the picture. some of my favorite artists are the following:  joshua radin (favoritest!!), the weepies, greg laswell, dave matthews, alexi murdoch, coldplay, ben harper, the cure (ya i know....right), damien rice, and dashboard confessional, iron and wine, u2, and maroon 5...oh and i could go on forever...i finally got the new itunes update and with the help of the new program "genius" discovered the joshua radin cd! (this story with all it's digressions has a point) one of the songs is perfect for gabriel and i...( i mean they are ALL good so get the cd...but esp this one!) 

so why this song?? because of the line..."i need to be be bold...jump in the cold water" to those of you who don't know...when gabe and i first started dating, my family didn't even know who i was around him...because i was sooo giddy and spontaneous.  i am not a "play-it-by-ear" girl...nor am i one to do be all goofy or unpredictable....buuuttt...enter gabriel bails...one day after a long tennis match (one of our favorite pastimes) we drove up to the house...and as we were walking up the driveway....i grabbed gabe's hand... and said.... "wanna jump in the lake??" he was like... "with all our clothes on??" i said "SURE! yes go!" running as he chased me into the water...where we kissed and swam...my family told me that is how they knew gabriel was the one... because of who i am when i am with him.... 


here are the lyrics....xo han

"I'd Rather Be With You"
~Joshua Radin~
Sitting here, on this lonely dock 
Watch the rain play on the ocean top 
All the things I feel I need to say 
I can't explain in any other way 

I need to be bold 
Need to jump in the cold water 
Need to grow older with a girl like you 
Finally see you are naturally 
The one to make it so easy 
When you show me the truth 
Yeah, I'd rather be with you 
Say you want the same thing too 

Now here's the sun, come to dry the rain 
Warm my shoulders and relieve my pain 
You're the one thing that I'm missing here 
With you beside me I no longer fear 

0 comments: